Home Immigration Canadian Experience Class | All You Need to Know

Canadian Experience Class | All You Need to Know

The Canadian Experience Class is a program that allows temporary foreign workers to become permanent residents of Canada. It was developed as a way to help employers hire more skilled workers, but it also benefits temporary foreign workers who want to move elsewhere and start their own businesses. The CEC process takes about eight months from start to finish, so there’s no better time than now to prepare yourself for this important step in your journey toward citizenship!

If you’re looking for a way to immigrate to Canada, the Canadian Experience Class may be your ticket. The CEC is one of three streams within the Express Entry system and it’s specifically for international students who have studied at least one year in Canada. If you’re eligible and choose to apply through this stream, you could be issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) as early as six months after submitting your application.

What Is the Canadian Experience Class?

The Canadian Experience Class is a program that allows people to apply for permanent residence if they meet specific criteria. To be eligible, you must have worked in Canada for at least one year within the last five years and earned an average of at least $3500 in each of those five years (or $4500 if you were working in Quebec).

The program was designed by the federal government to attract skilled immigrants to Canada and help its economy grow by bringing in more workers with skills that are needed here. The CEQ program offers incentives such as tax breaks and faster processing times when it comes time to apply for permanent residence status under this scheme.

How to Apply for CEC ?

You can apply for a CEC by submitting an Express Entry profile to the federal government. This will allow them to review your application and determine if you’re eligible for this program.

If so, they will invite you to submit an application for permanent residence status in Canada through one of the two categories mentioned above (skilled workers or provincial nomination).

Once you have submitted an application, the federal government will review it and determine if they want to issue a positive or negative decision. If they issue a positive decision, then you will be invited to apply for permanent residence status in Canada through one of these two categories mentioned above (skilled workers or provincial nomination).

If they issue a negative decision, then you will be invited to provide additional information and/or evidence to show that your application should not have been denied. If they decide that your application has merit, then they may issue a positive decision.

If they decide that your application does not have merit, then there is nothing more that can be done other than apply again in the future if there are changes in your circumstances (such as being married or having children born in Canada).

Who is Not Eligible?

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is a pathway to permanent resident status for candidates who have been working in Canada, with the skills and knowledge required to succeed as members of society.

To apply for this program, you need to:

  • Have at least one year of full-time, skilled work experience in Canada (the program does not apply to those working on student visas)
  • -Have proof of your education and work history in Canada
  • -Have a certificate from a designated learning institution (DLI) showing that you have met the requirements for one of the 36 eligible occupations
  • -Meet the minimum language requirements
  • -Have an offer of full-time employment from a Canadian employer in one of these eligible occupations
  • -Be eligible to work in Canada (you must have a valid work permit and provide proof of this)
  • -Meet the minimum requirements for your specific occupation

Documents Required

You will need to submit the following documents when applying for a Canadian experience class:

  • -A copy of your passport or travel document, including photo page and any temporary visas
  • -An original letter from your employer that confirms: -The position you are being offered, including your job title and start date (if not already specified on the work permit application form) -That they have offered this position to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada in the same occupation who could not fill it
  • -Copies of all university transcripts showing that you completed at least one year of post-secondary studies;
  • Proof of education or work experience (in English, French or both)
  • Proof of language proficiency test results for your chosen language. This can be a TOEFL exam score, IELTS exam result or any other approved English-language test.
  • Employment information from your current employer including a resume and salary history if applicable. If you don’t currently have an employer at this time, please check out our free job posting platform and fill out an application form today!

Processing Times

Processing times vary based on your country of origin and province of residence. For example, if you’re from Canada or the United States and want to start a business in another country, you will likely have to wait longer than someone who lives in Canada but wants to start their own company in Australia or New Zealand.

In addition to processing time differences between countries, there can be significant differences between provinces within each country as well. For instance:

  • If you are an accountant living in Alberta (Canada), this may mean that you need less time than someone who lives just across town; however if they’re also an accountant then they’ll probably need more money since their bills are higher due to living costs!


If you are invited to apply for permanent residence status, you are given a time limit of 60 days to submit your application. If you miss the deadline, it will be considered a refusal and you won’t be able to apply again until after a year.

Advantages of the Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class is a fast track to becoming a permanent resident of Canada. It provides an opportunity for you to apply for citizenship and work, study or travel without the need for a visa or passport. You can also apply for a Canadian work permit or study permit if you wish to work in Canada under federal employment laws.


The Canadian Experience Class is a program that can help you obtain permanent residence in Canada. If you are looking for a way to become a permanent resident, this may be the right option for you. The main advantage of this program is that it offers many benefits such as access to the Canadian health care and education system with no additional cost after becoming a permanent resident.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here